Saturday, September 19, 2015

Message in a Bottle




Messages in a bottle have been around forever. The first recorded message in a bottle dates back to 310 BC. They have used them all through out history.  I was really excited when Monika sent me one! She stuffed it full with lots of different items and it made it safely with no damage. It is mailed similar to a small mailing tube and will cost around $2-3 depending on your weight. If it is under 13 oz you can add the stamps yourself and drop it in any mailbox just make sure you have weighed it correctly. You don't want it come back to you or have the recipient to have to pay postage.  Monika weighed it at home and it worked out fine. She said the post office considers it a "small package" so if you are using the USPS calculator, make sure you use the package option. If you aren't sure, you may just want to go to the post office the first time to get the correct postage.  Sending it international would entail a lot more, but I may try it once. I don't know if it would hold up especially with a customs form on the outside. You need to go to the post office if you are mailing it to someone in another country.




She went with a beach/summer theme that went perfect with the sea theme. I love her ship stamps too! I am going on a beach vacation in a month so this gets me really excited for that! 


She even included sand and an umbrella! How cute is that!


I put together some message bottle ideas to get you inspired: 





Here is a link  for an Etsy store that carries the plastic bottles though you could use any bottle you have. I'm thinking Gatorade bottles might work well because they have a large opening. I have some ideas so once I get them sent I'll be sure to share them with you. If you have any other ideas, I'd love to hear about them in the comments. Thanks for stopping by! 






No comments:

Post a Comment